Sunday, October 4, 2009

Episode 1 - In The Beginning

It began a few weeks ago, I was training in the forest behind my house. Whilst fighting off a simulation of Zaraki Kenpachi amongst the dense trees, I swore I heard something that seemed out of place. I knew it wasn't Kenpachi as he is as silent as a ghost, he wouldn't make that kind of mistake. Cancelling the simulation, I took off amongst the tree tops, trying to spot the intruder from above. The cold night air reminded me of my youth, training with my Master, known only as Scythe. But those days were finished and I set my mind to finding the source of the noise. It didn't sound too delicate, so I knew it had to be something pretty big, else i wouldn't have bothered. Knowing my luck it was probably only a Kelk, a small rodent with abnormally large legs and feet. One of the most ridiculous things I have seen in all my life, and I've watched 2 and A Half Men.

I heard a soft scraping sound, like fur rubbing against rough bark. Turning around on my branch I saw the reflection of the moon in a pair of eyes flying at me. Dropping from the branch to hang on with one hand, I drew my katana and swung myself to the next tree, following the direction the eyes were heading. I could hear it not more than 3 or 4 meters in front of me, breaking branches as it went, me following like a shadow. All of a sudden it disappeared from my senses.

Stopping to get my bearings, I reached out my senses to find some trace, any trace of this thing and where it might have gone. I now realise stopping was a mistake, as the things aura suddenly appeared behind me, right behind me. I felt a burning pain in my neck and all down my spine .It was all I had in me to swing wildly at it with my sword. But it had speed beyond my comprehension as before I knew it was even gone it was in front of me, perched on the next branch. I'm not sure if it was the wound in my neck or his aura that did it, but my vision was so blurry i couldn't even see it properly, just a black blur a bit darker than its surroundings. My head was spinning and I lost my balance on the branch and fell to the ground, impaling my leg in the process. As i lay on the ground, blood pouring from my leg and my neck, the shape appeared before me once again, and I heard it speak.
"Go to sleep boy, the pain will start soon..... and you don't want to be conscious for that."
The last thing I remember before I passed out was a soft growling, almost rhythmic. It was calming...........


TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment