Sunday, October 11, 2009

Episode 3 - Discovery

It was several days later that I'd finally had enough rest for Gragg to let me outside to train, instead of being stuck inside watching him all day. I was going insane, watching him dance around outside slicing and parrying, fighting imaginary foes with his deadly blade. I wasn't mad at him anymore, not after he had explained what biting me had awoken in me. There is so much I have to remember now.

Firstly Gragg set me straight on exactly what it meant to be a Werewolf. It's nothing like those crappy stories that the movies have everyone believing. It all started with a man called David, a horribly common name for such a horribly uncommon person. David was a black magician who lived alone, basically from birth, in a small wooden cabin in the forests of England. He was so in tune with the forest and it's creatures that it was said he could understand, even commune with the beasts. No-one knows the exact circumstances, but it seems that he found a way to combine the spirit of a human with that of a wolf. The result of this was a boy, who he named Cain, to relate to the wolves scientific name being Canis Lupis, he delighted in such humor. Now, up until he was 10 years old, Cain lived with the old man, doing all he could to please his father. But on his 10th birthday, the night of a full moon, Cain transformed for the first time.
David tried to contain the transformation, but to no avail, he was too old and the transformation too sudden. Before he knew it, Cain had transformed right in front of him.
Cain now stood over 6 foot tall, his body a huge mass of tight, powerful muscle, still rippling from the transformation. His head was that of a wolf, and all down his back fur had grown. He turned his head towards David, his red eyes blazing with unparalleled anger. Suddenly he took one swipe, and David's head flew across the room.
As quickly as he has changed, Cain suddenly began to shrink, he was changing back. After the change, he looked around the cabin, the blood pooled around his fathers body, fell to his knees and wept.

When he finally gained control of himself, he got to his feet, packed all he could carry, and took off into the forest, he had to get as far away from this place as was possible. He started a journal, chronicling his journeys and the people he helped and who helped him, all the while trying to figure out his new and unbelievable power. These are some of the things he discovered.

1. The beast will only arise when the full moon is in view, and will last until I will it gone, or until the day breaks.

2. Although I am aware of what I am doing in Wolf form, I have almost no control over the beast, rage is it's driving power.

3. I seem to be able to make my power into physical objects when in Wolf form, and anything I create last until broken by an extreme force, the only thing I have found strong enough is myself in Wolf form.

4. I can sense other lives in the area when I am in Wolf form, by some sort of heartbeat sensor.

5. Every time I use Wolf form, I seem to return stronger in my normal form.


Finally Cain had discovered all he could about being a Werewolf, and recorded it in his journal. During this time he met a woman, a warrior princess named Jan-ex. Not her real name, but she told everyone to call her that, and you did not refuse Jan-ex, unless you had a liking for having your head smashed in. She was the only one that could deal with his Wolf form, which he used less and less after meeting her. Eventually they had two sons, both of them having the power to transform. So in his later years, Cain taught the boys how to control the power, as much as was possible, he also taught them the art of Espasa Formacio, or Sword Forming, which is the ability to push one's power to the limit then form a sword representing one's full power. The process takes many days to recover from. On his death bed, he gave the boys one final thing to do.
"Continue the race..." he whispered before his eyes glazed over and he was gone.


Gragg made me memorise these points, and this story. He also told me to use them to my advantage in battle, not that I'd had a chance to battle yet.

So that is what it is to be a Werewolf. I am a killing machine, toned and made for taking life.

That day was the day I learnt the art of Espasa Formacio, and created a sword. A sword the likes of which has never been seen before or since!! That was the day I started on my first step to avenging my master, Scythe.

"This time, master. This time I will be strong enough...."

TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment